Fox Mill Kindergarten Orientation/Registration for 2019-20
Kindergarten Orientation/Registration for 2019-20
On March 29, 2019 Fox Mill Elementary School will hold an orientation for parents of incoming kindergarten students, our “Kindergarten Registration Roundup”, from 9 AM - 10:30 AM in the cafeteria.
School personnel will be available to help register your child starting at 9 AM, and a short orientation will begin at 9:30 AM.
We are sure you have many questions about the kindergarten year and your child’s enrollment. Information regarding your child’s kindergarten year is available on our website. Please review the information prior to the meeting so we will be able to answer any questions that remain.
Please complete a Survey of Preschool Children and send it to the school office so we can provide you with additional information and necessary registration materials. The surveys are also available for pick up in the school office.
Registration packets will be available March 1.
The March 29 meeting is for parents only. There will be an orientation visit for the students just before school begins in the fall.
Registration requirements are addressed below and links are provided for some of the required forms. If you prefer, you may pick up a packet of registration materials from the school office. The packets will be available in March.
Documentation Needed to Register
Please bring the following documentation with you when you come to register your kindergartener:
- Your child’s original birth certificate. (School staff will check the birth date, copy and return the original certificate to you)
- A copy of your residence lease or deed/deed of trust. (Please bring this documentation even if you already have a child enrolled at Fox Mill.)
- Parent’s valid photo ID/driver’s license
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form. (Physical and immunizations records—[Note: All children entering school for the first time will need a physical and up-to-date immunization records before they are allowed to begin school. A physical must have been completed within 12 months prior to the first day the child enters school. Children must be five years old by September 30, 2018.])
Before the school year begins, we'd like you to complete Fox Mill’s Kindergarten Parent Questionnaire and Dismissal Information Form.
In addition to the items listed above, the forms listed below will also be part of the registration process. You may obtain the registration forms online or you can stop by and pick up a registration packet from the office starting in March.
- Registration Form
- Emergency Care
- Health Information
- Home Language Survey
- Criminal Conviction
- Juvenile Adjudication Affidavit
- Military Connected
Additional forms include:
- FCPS Homeless Student Referral Form (Form No. SS/SE-299)
Registrations may be turned in to the office at times other than the April 13 meeting. Please call ahead to arrange an appointment.