Fox Mill Kindergarten Orientation/Registration for 2020-21
Kindergarten Orientation/Registration for 2020-21
The Open Registration for Kindergarten parents will be held on Friday, March 27, 2020 from 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. in Fox Den Room #1. School personnel will be available to help you register your child at anytime during that 3-hour window. For more information about the registration process, including what items you’ll need to bring for registration, please visit https://www.fcps.edu/registration/kindergarten-registration. Information has been posted on our website regarding your child’s kindergarten year. For an overview of our Kindergarten program, visit: visit https://foxmilles.fcps.edu/resources/student-registration/kindergarten-parent-orientation-presentation-outline. You may also visit https://www.fcps.edu/academics/elementary-school-academics-k-6/kindergarten to learn more about Kindergarten curriculum and objectives.
Please bring the following documentation with you on that date: https://www.fcps.edu/registration/forms
You may complete the registration forms and turn them in to the office prior to the meeting or after the meeting date. Please call before you stop in to make sure our registrar, Mrs. Amy Migliara, will be available to help you.
The March 27 meeting is for parents only. There will be an orientation visit for the students just before school begins in the fall. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Documentation Needed to Register
Please bring the following documentation with you when you come to register your kindergartener:
- Your child’s original birth certificate. (School staff will check the birth date, copy and return the original certificate to you)
- A copy of your residence lease or deed/deed of trust. (Please bring this documentation even if you already have a child enrolled at Fox Mill.)
- Parent’s valid photo ID/driver’s license
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form. (Physical and immunizations records—[Note: All children entering school for the first time will need a physical and up-to-date immunization records before they are allowed to begin school. A physical must have been completed within 12 months prior to the first day the child enters school. Children must be five years old by September 30, 2019.])
Before the school year begins, we'd like you to complete Fox Mill's Parent Questionnaire and Dismissal Form.
In addition to the items listed above, the forms listed below will also be part of the registration process. You may obtain the registration forms online or you can stop by and pick up a registration packet from the office starting in March.
- Registration Form
- Emergency Care
- Health Information
- Home Language Survey
- Criminal Conviction
- Juvenile Adjudication Affidavit
- Military Connected
Additional forms include:
- FCPS Homeless Student Referral Form (Form No. SS/SE-299)
Registrations may be turned in to the office at times other than the MARCH 27 meeting. Please call ahead to arrange an appointment.