School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Fox Mill Elementary School
Brian Moose, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome
Based on Spring 2019 reading SOL scores, at least 94% of all students in grades 3-6 will be proficient.
Small group reading instruction in all kindergarten through sixth grade classrooms.
- Structure weekly grade-level CT meetings to discuss, reflect, analyze, and plan for reading instruction.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2
100% of teachers will participate in quarterly professional development related to the Positivity Project. In addition, 100% of teachers will incorporate information about the 24 character strengths into their morning meetings
- Professional development regarding P2 will be provided to all staff.
- Explicit instruction in all character traits will be delivered to all K-6 students.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3
The failure rate for the spring 2019 reading SOL of students in grades 3-6 that receive special education services will decrease by 20% from the previous year.
- Small group reading instruction in all kindergarten through sixth grade classrooms.
- Consistent SOL test-taking practice and teaching of test-taking strategies.