Food and Nutrition
Purchasing Food from the Cafeteria
Families may pay for school meals in one of three ways:
- Online - MySchoolBucks is a user-friendly service that is free, convenient, private and secure. Once the account is open, parents can check the fund account at anytime.
- Check - Write a check made out to Fox Mill Food Services with your child's name and teacher.
- Cash - Deposit cash at the cafeteria manager’s office, or students may pay cash daily.
Lunch Prices (subject to change)
Students may bring lunch from home or purchase lunch in the cafeteria. Student lunch cost $3.00 and includes an entrée, milk, and 2 side items. Milk cost $ 0.60 if purchased separately.
If you send in money, please place the money in an envelope and include your child’s name, teacher, and grade.
If you have any questions regarding lunch accounts, please contact our cafeteria manager, Mrs. Yon Kim at 703-262-2721 or email@example.com.
Join Your Child for Lunch
Parents are welcome to join their child for lunch from time to time. No advanced notice is needed; just check in at the office and meet your child’s class in the lobby. The cost of an adult lunch is $4.25.
Free/Reduced Lunches are available for qualified families. Applications are available online or by contacting FCPS Food and Nutrition at 703-813-4800. You must apply each year to remain eligible.
The forms and information are completely confidential and will not be shared with teachers or administrators, and no other children will ever know. The children use PIN numbers to purchase their food, and only the food services manager knows how much each child pays for the meal.
Please talk with your child’s teacher regarding birthday treats. A small class treat may be provided. Please be sure to:
- Notify your child’s teacher in advance. They know of food allergies.
- Choose single-portion foods that do no require adult help to cut or distribute. Packaged snacks, cookies, and cupcake are excellent choices.
Party invitations may not be distributed at school.